This visit will serve as an introductory icebreaker to acquaint your child with Dr. Rose and The Pediatric Dental Studio. Patience and calmness in addition to reassuring communication from the parent is very important on all dental visits but especially during the first visits. Short, successive visits are designed to build the child’s trust in the dentist and the dental office, and it can prove to be invaluable if your child needs to be treated later for any dental problems.
The first visit often lasts between 15 and 30 minutes and may include the following, depending on age/cooperation:
- A gentle but thorough examination of the teeth, jaw, bite, gums and oral tissues to monitor growth and development and observe any problem areas
- If indicated, a gentle cleaning, which includes polishing teeth and removing any plaque, tartar buildup, or stains
- Assessment for the need of X-rays
- A demonstration on proper home cleaning
- Assessment of the need for fluoride
Dr. Rose will answer any questions you may have and will do all that is possible to make you and your child feel comfortable throughout the visit. The entire dental team will provide a relaxed, non-threatening environment for your child.